Armchair BEA is a virtual conference for book bloggers who are not able to attend Book Expo America and/or the BEA Blogger Convention in New York City. Scheduled from May 26-31st, this online event runs concurrently with the main convention at the Jacob Javits Center.
Started in 2010, Armchair BEA has become an annual event run by volunteer book bloggers that draws an increasing number of participants each year. From the comfort of your home, or any other location, book bloggers, authors, publishers, sponsors and others, meet virtually and interact with a community of people that share a love of books and blogging.
There are many ways to get involved, and you can participate as much or as little as you want in any of the following ways:
- Two categories of discussion topics are posted daily, one about blogging and one about books. Write about one or both of the topics on your blog and link the post to the Armchair BEA blog.
- Join a daily Twitter party
- Enter a sponsored giveaway by an author or publisher
- Comment on other participants’ blogs
- Enter the Instagram challenge
- Host a giveaway on your blog and link it to the Armchair BEA blog
- Follow on social media
Also posted on the site was live coverage of some of the highlights from the main convention in New York City such as author interviews and the BEA Bloggers Convention.
The Armchair BEA is a great way to connect with other book bloggers, share your ideas and get exposure for your own blog. I was amazed and thrilled to see how many other people share my passion for books, reading and writing. The Twitter parties were fun and while participating in one on the last day, I won a prize. How cool is that!
I’m already looking forward to next year’s event!